Thursday, March 26, 2009

2008 Garden - Part 2: Store Bought Plants

This post will cover the plants I bought from stores (Home Depot, Wal-Mart, etc.). Like the last post, I will show from first picture taken to last picture taken. The only two vegetable/herb plants I bought from a store last year were Dill Weed & Orange Bell Peppers. They both did quite well. The Dill Weed was a bit hard to take care of, but once I figured out the proper care for it (limited sunlight, lots of water, a tad of fertilizer, etc.), it grew great. The Orange Bell Pepper plant pretty much grew on it's on with little care after I doused it completely in Liquid Sevin to get rid of the pests that came with it...



Dill Weed:















Orange Bell Peppers:

Notice all the Liquid Sevin on this plant right after I bought it. Another lesson learned, store-bought plants from non-nursery stores are liable to be infested with some type of pest...














What a beautiful Bell...

No comments:

Post a Comment