Thursday, April 9, 2009

2009 Garden Seedling Pictures: April 8th

I finally got a hold of a digital camera and was able to take some updated seedling pictures. =) First is a picture of most of my setup (minus some plants that are already outside & a few other various seedlings). Then, I have pictures of my two favorite's so far this year, my "Monster Cherry Tomatoes" & my Garlic Chives. Lastly, I have pictures of the rest of my seedlings (only one or two of each type, even though, with most, I have between 5-20). I apologize for the pictures that are somewhat blurry. I'm working on getting a new digital camera. As always, comments, suggestions & questions are welcome.



This is my whole setup. I know you can't really see much from this picture, but it's about 80% of my seedlings. It gives you an idea of about how many total plants I have.




Here are the pictures of what I dubbed my "Monster Cherry Tomatoes." They are only 4 weeks and 1 day old in this picture (from seed) & the biggest Cherry Tomato plants i've ever seen at this age...








Next are my Garlic Chives. They are only 4 weeks old & almost ready to be harvested the first time! Like previously stated, they were started from last year's root clusters. The last two pictures are my self-seeded babies I was gifted with this year...


Baby Garlic Chive #1 is to the left & in front of them stem you see in the middle of this picture...


Baby Garlic Chive #2 is about an inch to the left of the right-most stem you see in this picture...




San Marzano Tomatoes...






Early Girl Hybrid Tomatoes...






California Wonder Bell Peppers...




Serrano Peppers...




Jalapeno Early Organic Peppers...




Last, but certainly not least is one of the three seedling cups of Indian Princess Nasturtiums my daughter Emily planted. =)

2 comments:

  1. Steve - I am really interested in how those San Marzano do for ya, because I'm thinking about growing them next year. This year will be Opalka, and we'll see how they do for me. I hope to make homemade spaghetti sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, They are doing quite well. =) I was worried about them at first due to their slow growth. So far, the only thing I can tell about them that's different than a lot of other varieties i've grown is the long re-root time after transplant. They took almost 2 weeks to re-root before taking off again. They are now almost twice the size of the latest pictures above. I'll keep this blog updated with their progress. - Steve

    ReplyDelete