Tuesday, May 5, 2009

2009 Garden Pictures: May 4th

Everything is starting to come together! =) I have hardened off & planted in their final homes, about 2/3 of my plants. My porch container garden is looking beautiful already. Here are the updated pics. My Serrano Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, California Wonder Bell Peppers, Yellow Bell Peppers & Sweet Red Peppers are not shown in this post because they are indoors soaking up some artificial light thanks to 6 days in a row of rain! They are still perfectly healthy though (with 3 buds on the Yellow Bell Plant!).

Ok, after a LOT of hard work this past weekend, here's my current setup...




My babies (e.g. "Monster Cherry Tomatoes") at over 2 ft tall now are in the biggest dang hanging baskets I could find on each side of the porch. The baskets are 20x15.
I purposely "leaned" them a bit when transplanting to these baskets, to promote a single-side type method (meaning, they don't try to grow up the wall). One on each side wall of my porch.








My Indian Princess Nasturtiums (still babies, somewhat) in the center of it all.



Another two pots with Nasturtiums on the right side of the rail, along with an impulse buy $3 flower plant from a local nursery...pretty little flowers on it. My daughter loves them. =)






My garlic chives (on their second set of the year) on the left side of the rail. You can't see the bush strawberries growing to the right of them.






Ok, back to tomatoes...My "spares", Monster Cherry Tomato towering over the other two (San Marzano & Early Girl). They are awaiting the local plant swap. Next to them on the right is the experimental seed plant (attempt at getting some hybrid seeds at the end of the season).



A lonely Early Girl also awaiting the MTPS (see link at top right of page).






The left side of the porch floor. My Texas Sweet Onions & Strawberry vine plants (These leaf sets/vines grow at about 1 every 5 days currently)...beautiful green when they pop through the soil!








Next to them, my best two San Marzano's in the green containers. They leaned this much towards the tiny bit of sun we got today, it looks like they're touching their toes...lol...leaned most of the way back tonight.








In the middle, more Texas Sweet Onions.






On the right side, my two best Early Girl plants.





Soon to come in the next day or so will be an updated picture of my various pepper plants, which have not grown much in the last week due to 6 days of cloudy rainy bleh weather.

Please comment or ask questions (send me an e-mail). - Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment