Thursday, June 11, 2009

2009 Garden Pictures: June 11th

This update contains another round of professional garden pictures taken by Stephanie Boutin Photography. It's been about 2 weeks since the last full garden update. I hope you've enjoyed the little "tidbit posts" in between with various new findings. You'll see another one or two items recently discovered in this post. One of which is my first Strawberry flower (not a runner...runners apparently coming soon, after fruit formation). =) Yay! I've decided, at first, I am not going to prune anything (except dead leaves) off the plants in my ever-bearing strawberry bucket so I can maybe get a handful of berries. If the plant starts to develop problems due to this though, I will prune them.

One of my "Monster Cherry Tomato" plants has a ton of small maters growing (probably about 12-15 so far) and several more on the way soon. It will very possibly produce my first harvest of the year.

A few of my pepper plants are now flowering or within a day or two of doing so. A "Hyponex Experiment" update is below, with its brother Jalapeno Early Organic Pepper Plant. I forgot to take a picture of the Texas Sweet Onions, but they haven't changed much at all. I didn't take a picture of the Mucho Nacho Jalapeno seedlings because they got a bit too wet and lost their bearing somewhat, so they probably won't grow anyways. More information follows, with each picture or set of pictures. As always, please comment, e-mail me or ask me on GardenWeb if you have any questions or whatever. =) Peace - Steve




Failed or given away plants so far this year:

[Failed]Bannana Pepper: Damping off got this one. :-\ It was doing well too. I just let it get too wet.
[Failed]Red Sweet (Yolo Wonder) Pepper: Another victim of damping off. Ugh! I have to learn to watch the moisture level of my pepper potting mixes better.
[Failed]Southport White Globe Onions: Never got much past 2-3 inches. Then they browned up & died. I want to try onions from seed again next year, but apparently have a lot left to learn.
[Given Away]Bush Strawberry: Given away at the MTPS (Middle Tennessee Plant Swap)




California Wonder Bell Pepper:






Cherry Tomatoes (Both now at over 5 feet tall at 12 weeks old from seed in dirt. The first plant has about 12-15 tomatoes growing and a ton more flowers open!):





Mater & flower pics from the first plant above:












Dill Weed (Growing fine still. Finally at the stage where it doesn't fall over all the time...lol):






Dwarf Lime Tree:






Early Girl Hybrid Tomatoes (One of the 2 I have has a handfull of flowers and one wee mater growing now! Only one pic of both this time.):



Buds & flowers:



The wee mater, still hidden by leaves of the flower:






Emily's Indian Princess Nasturtiums:






Garlic Chives (About 50 or so new baby chives growing all around the old row in the middle.):






Jalapeno Early Organic Peppers:

The "Hyponex Experiment" plant (Had 2 buds growing last time I checked.):



My other Jalapeno Early Organic pepper plant:






MTPS Plants



*Baby Gold Goldenrod & Stonecrop given away to a good friend of mine.




Chocolate Mint:






Foam Flower:






Hot Pepper:



4 flowers on it now!






Lemon Balm (Growing like crazy. I need to pick some of it.):






Mint:






Russian Sage:








Sempervivum Cactus (Also known as Hen & Chick.):






Thyme (I need to transplant this to a larger container. I just haven't figured out what kind yet...lol.):






Triple Crown Blackberry (Still no evidence of berry/flower formation, but getting big!):






Wineberry Raspberry:






End of MTPS Plants






Yellow Tomato (Looking a ton better since being potted up):






San Marzano Organic Tomatoes (One of which has a handfull of flowers.):





The flowers:






Serrano Pepper:






Strawberry's (First bud showed up about 2 days ago. Yay!):



First Bud:






"World's Hottest Habanero" (Getting to be a good size. It should start budding soon):






Yellow Bell Pepper (Budding like crazy! =) I'll have some flowers on this one very soon.):



Buds (Kind of a blurry pic...not easy to get a picture of.):






Sweet Basil (Starting to take off a bit. I'll probably have to pot them up soon.):

No comments:

Post a Comment